Dear Visitor, Welcome to Guyana, South America!
If you haven’t already done so, we invite you to…
Like our Facebook Page
Subscribe to our Youtube Channel
Follow us on Instagram.
Follow us on Twitter
Join our Facebook Group
GSA News covers news and commentaries related to the country of Guyana, South America. To read news about Guyana, go here.
Most Recent in News…
- RDC Councilor, Ali, Said He “Reacted” After Taki Fired a Punch at Him14th of May, 2022. Region 6, Guyana, South America. GSA News Contrary to an irresponsible, one-sided report published on the social media page of “Guyana Press,” the RDC Councilor of Region 6, Intikab Ali, explained that he was not the aggressor in the confrontation which turned physical this morning, Saturday,… Read more »
- 18 Young Professionals of Linden Acquire Brand New Houses14th of May, 2022. Region 10, Guyana, South America. GSA News President Ali is on a mission to transform the lives of Guyanese. Better and more affordable housing for all Guyanese is part of the agenda. The president had announced in January, 2021 that his government would build 1000 new… Read more »
- Residents of Lowland Housing Scheme Appeal for Better Roads12th of May, 2022. Region 4, Guyana, South America. GSA News In August, 2021, we published a story highlighting the distress of residents of Lowland Housing Scheme, East Coast Demerara, Guyana, South America. Several residents had reached out to this publication asking us to highlight the dilapidated condition of the… Read more »
- Displaced Linden Squatters to be Relocated and Compensated – Ministry of HousingMinister of Housing, Collin Croal, in a press release this morning, 10th of May, 2022, said that Region 10 squatters whose houses were demolished on Saturday, 7th of May, 2022, will be relocated and compensated. Mr. Croal accused opposition political figures of exaggerating the extent of the damage done to… Read more »
- Ministry of Housing Destroys Houses Leaving Citizens Homeless in Region 10According to reports received, the Ministry of Housing did not make any effort to relocate and rehouse the affected persons. Instead, public-spirited persons moved to the rescue operation are currently in the process of putting back a shelter over the heads of displaced persons. Read more »
- Letter: May the Better Form of Journalism WinWe live in a time where the public does not wait until the next day to read news in the papers, or to find out what happened in their neighborhoods when digital journalists have already done the ground work and have disseminated the information in a faster and quicker manner… Read more »
- At Least 18 Dead in Gas Explosion in CubaAt least 18 people have been confirmed dead and 64 injured after a gas explosion at a Hotel in the Island of Cuba at around 11:AM on the morning of Friday, May 6th, 2022. The explosion was caused by a crack in a hose which occurred during the transfer of… Read more »
- Guyanese Singer, Quacy Hector, Takes Part in International Dance Hall CompetitionGuyanese Singer, Quacy Hector is now taking part in an international singing competition that could give his career a push forward. Here's how you can help. Read more »
- Family Cries for Justice After Beaten Youth Loses MobilityAn 18-year-old Miner of Region 1, Keron Sandy, is currently hospitalized and in a critical condition after he was allegedly attacked by his coworker Wayne Welcome. The incident occurred on Friday, April 22, 2022 at approximately 4:00pm at Arakaka Backdam, Region 1, Guyana, South America. Read more »
- Eid-al Fitr Marks the End of Fasting, But it Has Deeper Meaning for MuslimsAt the end of the month of Ramadan each year, Muslims in Guyana, and around the world, celebrate Eid-al-Fitr. The exact date of Eid-al-Fitr varies each year in accordance with the Islamic Calendar which is based on the sighting of the moon. In 2022, it started on May 2nd and… Read more »
Shop high quality, beautiful, and patriotic products of Guyana here. At present, we only have beautiful Guyana, South America merchandise such as tshirts, but we will be adding more products to our store soon. Check it out!
Most recent in Guyana, South America merchandise:
Check back later..
Guyana is one of the world’s best tourists destination. And now you’ll learn why. Learn about hotels, resorts, ranches, city tours, jungle tours, river tours, eco tours, country tours and more…all across Guyana. Tourism Guyana: Go there!
Most Recent in Tourism…
- Three Adventurous Guyanese Women Brave 80 Miles of Rough Terrain to BrazilFirst Published: 12th of May, 2022. Three adventurous Guyanese women have taken an impromptu weekend away from Paramakatoi to our southern neighbor, Brazil, using just one ATV. They share their Continue Reading → Read more »
- British High Commissioner, Jane Miller, Takes a Ride up the Mahaica River21st of February, 2022. Guyana, South America The British High Commissioner to Guyana, Ms. Jane Miller, took a ride up the Mahaica River with Mahaica River Tours. And she highly Continue Reading → Read more »
- My Trip to Kaieteur Falls by American-born Channel StobyFirst Published: 18th of August, 2021 by Patrick Carpen. In this article, American-born Channel Stoby mesmerizes us with her fascinating story of her trip to the Kaieteur Falls in Region Continue Reading → Read more »
Guyana has evolved over hundreds of years to what it is today. So we have lots of stories to tell. In addition, Guyana is a melting pot of cultures, traditions, races and religions. The first people to have come to Guyana are the Amerindians. They were here even before Christopher Columbus! Then came the Europeans in their quest for the city of Eldorado. The Europeans set up sugar plantations across Guyana and brought slaved from Africa to work on the plantations. After the abolition of slavery, indentured laborers were brought from India. You’ll have fun learning about the people, history and culture of Guyana.
Most Recent in People, History and Culture of Guyana…
- Farouk “De Fyrishman” Aims to Promote Love and Unity through Chutney MusicFirst Published: 7th of May, 2022 Chutney music is a fusion of several genres of music including Indian Folk Music, Bollywood Music, soca music, and Caribbean calypso. It emerged against Continue Reading → Read more »
- Guyana is the Only Country in the World Where Kite Flying Symbolizes the ResurrectionFirst Published: 17th of April, 2022. Editor’s Note: The fact that Guyana is the only country in the world where kite-flying symbolizes the Resurrection makes our country unique and special. Continue Reading → Read more »
- Meet Stephanie – the Economics Student Pursuing Her Passion for SingingFirst Published: 14th of March, 2022. Stephanie’s parents don’t believe in her dream of becoming a professional singer, and they don’t encourage her to pursue it. But in spite of Continue Reading → Read more »
- South Rupununi Woman Tells Heartwarming Story of Pet TapirFirst Published: 3rd of February, 2022 by Patrick Carpen. Berlinda Francis, of Katoonarib Village in the South Rupununi Savannahs of Guyana, South America is a farmer, cook, and small scale Continue Reading → Read more »
Learn more about places across Guyana, including villages, towns, regions, counties, bridges, roads, rivers and much more. Take a tour of places across Guyana.
Most Recent in Places Across Guyana…
- The Kurupukari Crossing – Region 8, Guyana, South AmericaFirst Published on 21st of November, 2017 by Patrick Carpen. Kurupukari, more popularly known as Fairview, is an indigenous settlement on the Essequibo River that touches both Region 8 and Continue Reading → Read more »
- Maruranau Village – 100 Miles Into the Amazon RorestFirst Published: 16th of June, 2016 by Patrick Carpen. Maruranau is a piece of natural paradise tucked away at the edge of the Amazon Rainforest, in the South Rupununi Savannas Continue Reading → Read more »
- St. Cuthbert’s Mission, or Pakuri Village, Region 4First Published: 20th of June, 2015 by Patrick Carpen. St. Cuthbert’s Mission, originally called Pakuri Village, is a titled indigenous village located in the Demerara-Mahaica Region (Region 4), of Guyana, Continue Reading → Read more »
- Paruima Village – Region 7 – A Piece of Heaven on EarthFirst Published: 3rd of September, 2021 by Patrick Carpen. Paruima Village, located along the right bank of the Kamarang River in Region 7 of Guyana, South America, is a small Continue Reading → Read more »
Guyana sports a rich diversity of flora and fauna. Under this heading, I explore the different plant and animal life found in Guyana.
Most recent in Flora and Fauna of Guyana, South America…
- The Arapaima – the World’s Largest Freshwater FishFirst Published: 17th of May, 2022 by Patrick Carpen Guyana is known as the land of the giants, and the arapaima, the world’s largest freshwater fish, is one of the Continue Reading → Read more »
- Hoplias Aimara, Known in Guyana as the Haimara or Wolf FishFirst Published: 6th of November, 2021 by Patrick Carpen. The species of freshwater fish, Hoplias Aimara, is known in Guyana as the haimara or wolf fish. In other parts of Continue Reading → Read more »
The six races of Guyana have blended an amazing pot. Guyana has been called a melting pot of civilizations, but it is also a melting pot of culinary heritages. The six ethnic groups of Guyana have all brought their traditional food and cooking recipes to these shores. But what’s more is that they have shared, adapted, innovated and transformed the culinary traditions of six peoples into something greater. Learn more about the unique evolution of Guyanese cooking.
Most recent in Guyanese food and cooking recipes…
- Indigenous Style Pepperpot made with Fish, also called Tuma PotFirst Published: 6th of November, 2021 by Patrick Carpen. While people in the capital city (Georgetown, Guyana) and along the coasts refer to pepperpot as meat cooked in casareep, the Continue Reading → Read more »
- A Rich, Beef Cookup Recife by Guyanese Chef, David MooreCut and wash a 1/4 pound of chicken. Season the chicken with mixed season (semi liquid), salt, mustard, etc and mix well. Pour one tablespoon oil into a large pot. Continue Reading → Read more »
- Majesta Curry Cookup – An Innovative Recipe by Indigenous GuyanaFirst Published: 19th of November, 2020 I was amazed to see this video which combines culinary heritage from our African and East Indian peoples and produced by an indigenous group. Continue Reading → Read more »
The Guyana, South America business directory lists businesses across Guyana by category and in alphabetical order. From book stores to car dealers, your problem in finding what you need is solved right here. Browse the Guyana, South America business directory now!
Most recent in the Guyana, South America Business Directory…
- Fix It Electrical and General Construction – Georgetown, GuyanaFirst Published: 16th of December, 2021. Superior installations in construction, industrial, and maintenance. Providing quality, safe, and trusted electrical services in Georgetown, Guyana for over 23 years. Address of Business Continue Reading → Read more »
- Chris Toons & Graphic Design ServicesContact Info Phone Number: (592) 673-9774 (WhatsApp Available) Email: Christhoperleitch5@gmail.com Facebook Personal Account: https://www.facebook.com/christhoperleitch2 Facebook Business Page: https://www.facebook.com/24hourdesigns Do you need some stunning design/photo manipulation work done but don’t know Continue Reading → Read more »
No matter what your product or service is, your business needs to be known. Let experts craft your ad copy! Reach the audience you need to reach and watch your business skyrocket! Click here to take your business to the next level.
Explore Guyana, South America with these beautiful photos from every part of Guyana. Go to Photos of Guyana.
Most Recent in Photos…
- On the Way to the Marudi Mountains, Deep South RupununiThis stunning photo captures a moment in time as miners head to the Marudi gold mining mountains in Deep South Rupununi, Region 9, Guyana, South America. Photos: Amina Mc Donald. Continue Reading → Read more »