Dear Visitor, Welcome to Guyana, South America!
If you haven’t already done so, we invite you to…
Like our Facebook Page
Subscribe to our Youtube Channel
Follow us on Instagram.
GSA News covers news and commentaries related to the country of Guyana, South America. To read news about Guyana, go here.
Most Recent in News…
- Suspect in Knife-Point Robbery Arrested, Spits in Police Officer’s Face25th of September, 2021. Region 4, Guyana, South America The Guyana Police Force today released a statement that the suspect in the brutal knife-point robbery which occurred in Georgetown, Guyana, Continue Reading → Read more »
- Brazilian Protestors Allege That Guyanese Police Take Bribes From Bonfim Residents25th of September, 2021. Region 9, Guyana, South America Persons protesting in Brazil for the reopening of the Guyana/Brazil border have related to this publication that one of the reasons Continue Reading → Read more »
- Watch Brutal Knife-Point Robbery Caught on CCTV Camera in Georgetown24th of September, 2021. Georgetown, Guyana, South America Sadly, this is the reality that we as Guyanese have to live in every day in our beautiful country of Guyana, South Continue Reading → Read more »
- Brazilian Protestors Gave Lethem Authorities and Businessmen a Rude Surprise Today24th of September, 2021. Region 9, Guyana, South America Businessmen in Region 9, as well as the Regional authorities, were shocked to learn this morning that cargo trucks were still Continue Reading → Read more »
- Happening Now: Showdown Between Brazilian Police and Protestors24th of September, 2021. Region 9, Guyana, South America Yesterday afternoon, Thursday, 23rd of September, 2021, a court order circulated on WhatsApp caused a lot of confusion between businessmen and Continue Reading → Read more »
- The Case of Brazilian Products Versus the Food and Drugs DepartmentIntroduction On the 16th of June, 2021, at around 3:30 PM, four officers accompanied by a driver arrived at the home of small business owner, Mr. Annandram Persaud, and seized Continue Reading → Read more »
- Brazilian Businessmen Seek Court Order to Prevent Protestors from Blocking Merchandise23rd of September, 2021. Region 9, Guyana, South America A group of Brazilian businessmen residing in Boa Vista, Roraima, Brazil have moved to court to secure a court order compelling Continue Reading → Read more »
- Guyana Government Will Not Bend to Pressure of Brazilian Protestors23rd of September, 2021. Region 9, Guyana, South America. Speaking to this publication this morning, Regional Chairman of Region 9, Mr. Bryan Allicock, expressed that the Guyana Government has no Continue Reading → Read more »
Explore Guyana, South America with these beautiful photos from every part of Guyana. Go to Photos of Guyana.
Most Recent in Photos…
- On the Way to the Marudi Mountains, Deep South RupununiThis stunning photo captures a moment in time as miners head to the Marudi gold mining mountains in Deep South Rupununi, Region 9, Guyana, South America. Photos: Amina Mc Donald. Continue Reading → Read more »
Guyana is one of the world’s best tourists destination. And now you’ll learn why. Learn about hotels, resorts, ranches, city tours, jungle tours, river tours, eco tours, country tours and more…all across Guyana. Tourism Guyana: Go there!
Most Recent in Tourism…
- My Trip to Kaieteur Falls by American-born Channel StobyFirst Published: 18th of August, 2021 by Patrick Carpen. In this article, American-born Channel Stoby mesmerizes us with her fascinating story of her trip to the Kaieteur Falls in Region Continue Reading → Read more »
- Baracara Falls, Also Called White Water Falls, in Region 7First Published: 17th of August, 2021 Baracara Falls, also called Whitewater Falls, is located in the Mazaruni River in Region 7 of Guyana, South America. The small, unique, and refreshing Continue Reading → Read more »
- American born, Channel Stoby, tells us of her Mind-blowing Tour of Guyana with her Guyanese-born Husband and Their KidsFirst Published: 16th of August, 2021 by Patrick Carpen. One of the most beautiful stories I have read about Guyana from a foreigner’s eyes – someone who visited Guyana for Continue Reading → Read more »
- My Trip to Rewa Village – North Rupununi Savannahs of Guyana, South AmericaFirst Published: 14th of January, 2020 Hi, I am Jessica Andries, and I live in Lethem, Central Rupununi, Region 9, Guyana, South America. I just wanted to take this opportunity Continue Reading → Read more »
Guyana has evolved over hundreds of years to what it is today. So we have lots of stories to tell. In addition, Guyana is a melting pot of cultures, traditions, races and religions. The first people to have come to Guyana are the Amerindians. They were here even before Christopher Columbus! Then came the Europeans in their quest for the city of Eldorado. The Europeans set up sugar plantations across Guyana and brought slaved from Africa to work on the plantations. After the abolition of slavery, indentured laborers were brought from India. You’ll have fun learning about the people, history and culture of Guyana.
Most Recent in People, History and Culture of Guyana…
- Guyanese Couple Gets Married on Top of Mount RoraimaFinding your other half can be a magical sensation – it can make you feel on top of the world. Well, this story is not just about feelings – it’s Continue Reading → Read more »
- Meet Caleb Benjamin – the University Student who is a Professional Photographer on the SideFirst Published: 25th of August, 2021 by Patrick Carpen. Caleb Benjamin is presently pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree at the University of Guyana, but on the side, he has developed a Continue Reading → Read more »
- Meet Guyana’s Youngest Professional Painter – Kuwanau RobertsFirst Published: 22nd of August, 2021 by Patrick Carpen. Guyana is a powerhouse of talent, and in this article, we’re going to highlight one who is off to an early Continue Reading → Read more »
- American Born, Jennifer Lawrence, Falls in Love with GuyanaFirst Published: 27th of July, 2021 by Patrick Carpen. Jennifer Lawrence (nee Bucolo) was born in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA. She is the second of four female siblings born to Mr. Continue Reading → Read more »
- A Non-Conventional Arrival Day Message – by Dr. Josh KanhaiFirst Published: 6th of May, 2021 The conventional Arrival Day message seeks to glorify the East Indians’ arrival in Guyana and to celebrate the achievements and contributions of the East Continue Reading → Read more »
- My Arrival Day Sentiments are Bitter/Sweet – by Romona ChanderballiFirst Published: 6th of May, 2021 As mentioned in our previous article, Indian Arrival Day, the attitude of the descendants of colonized East Indians of British Guiana towards their colonial Continue Reading → Read more »
- The Maniac and the Lady Cockroach – Guyanese LiteatureFirst Published: 4th of May, 2021 The following poem was sent in to us by Guyanese author, Pushpa Jagnandan. Through poetic language, she explores the struggles and fate of women Continue Reading → Read more »
- Guyanese Woman Publishes Inspiring Children’s BookFirst Published: 3rd of May, 2021 A young Guyanese woman living in the Bronx has published her first children’s book, which, aside from being beautifully illustrated and entertaining, incorporates a Continue Reading → Read more »
Learn more about places across Guyana, including villages, towns, regions, counties, bridges, roads, rivers and much more. Take a tour of places across Guyana.
Most Recent in Places Across Guyana…
- Paruima Village – Region 7 – A Piece of Heaven on EarthFirst Published: 3rd of September, 2021 by Patrick Carpen. Paruima Village, located along the X river in Region 7 of Guyana, South America, is a small indigenous settlement that dates Continue Reading → Read more »
- Template – Villages, Towns and Settlements Across GuyanaFirst Published: 28th of March, 2021 Enterprise is a village located on the East Coast of Demerara in Region 6 of Guyana, South America. It is bordered by Ogle to Continue Reading → Read more »
- Guyana’s Border with the Brazilian City of NormandyFirst Published: 5th of October, 2020 by Patrick Carpen. Today, it is possible to cross over into the Brazilian town of Normandy from Karasaibai Village in the South Pakaraima/North Rupununi Continue Reading → Read more »
- My Life on the Pirara/Meritezeiro Ranch – by Denise D’AguiarFirst Published: 4th of October, 2020 My Life On The Pirara / Meritezeiro Ranch My husband, Harvey and I used to live on a ranch, in the North Rupununi Savannahs Continue Reading → Read more »
- Masakanari or “Gunns Village” in the South Rupununi Savannahs of GuyanaFirst Published: 11th of August, 2020 Hundreds of mile south of the town of Lethem, a small community of Indigenous People live peacefully and happily. In the heart of the Continue Reading → Read more »
The six races of Guyana have blended an amazing pot. Guyana has been called a melting pot of civilizations, but it is also a melting pot of culinary heritages. The six ethnic groups of Guyana have all brought their traditional food and cooking recipes to these shores. But what’s more is that they have shared, adapted, innovated and transformed the culinary traditions of six peoples into something greater. Learn more about the unique evolution of Guyanese cooking.
Most recent in Guyanese food and cooking recipes…
The Guyana, South America business directory lists businesses across Guyana by category and in alphabetical order. From book stores to car dealers, your problem in finding what you need is solved right here. Browse the Guyana, South America business directory now!
No matter what your product or service is, your business needs to be known. Let experts craft your ad copy! Reach the audience you need to reach and watch your business skyrocket! Click here to take your business to the next level.