Dear Visitor, Welcome to Guyana, South America!
If you haven’t already done so, we invite you to…
Like our Facebook Page
Subscribe to our Youtube Channel
Follow us on Instagram.
Follow us on Twitter
Join our Facebook Group
GSA News covers news and commentaries related to the country of Guyana, South America. To read news about Guyana, go here.
Most Recent in News…
- Police Investigating Alleged Murder of West Bank Demerara WomanGPF | Police are investigating a report of an *alleged murder* committed on Nirmala Sukhai, a 33 year-old female labourer of Lot 35 Factory Dam, La Grange, West Bank Demerara which might have occurred sometime between Thursday 29th September, 2022 about 23:00 hrs and today Friday 30th September, 2022 about… Read more »
- Region 9 Child Dies After Being Struck by CarA female student of Arapaima Primary School, Region 9, has died this evening, 30th of September, 2022, after she was struck by a car earlier in the afternoon. According to reports reaching this publication, the little girl, Ruth Ann Glasglow, had just exited the Tabatinga Sports Complex which was having… Read more »
- Guyanese Man Stranded in Trinidad Appeals for Help in Returning to GuyanaA Guyanese man who left Guyana to work in construction in neighboring Trinidad has reached out to this publication for help in returning and resettling in Guyana now that he has hit rock bottom. The man explained to this publication that he left Guyana in the year 2017 to do… Read more »
- Police Rescue Missing Teenaged Girl from Corentyne HomeTwelve-year-old Ashley Persaud, a student of Wales Primary School and a resident of Singh Street, Wales, West Bank Demerara, who was reported missing a few days ago, was discovered at a home in Corentyne, Berbice. Read more »
- Putin’s Actions in Ukraine Draw a Worrying Parallel with the Guyana/Venezuela Border ControversyThis scenario draws a worrying parallel with the Guyana/Venezuela border controversy, and many Guyanese are opening their eyes to the stark dangers of sleeping with the enemy. Today, there are thousands of Venezuelans re-migrants, migrants, and refugees all over Guyana, most of whom still pledge allegiance to the Venezuelan flag. Read more »
- Rickford Burke Sues Guyanese Critic for 100 Million DollarsWell known political activist and self-proclaimed leader of the questionable NGO "Caribbean Guyana Institute for Democracy," has today, 26th of September, 2022, announced that he has directed his lawyer, Nigel Hughes, to file a 100-million Guyana dollar defamation lawsuit against Mikhail Rodrigues, popularly known as the Guyanese Critic. Read more »
- Police Sergeant Commits Suicide after Allegedly Killing Mother of his ChildrenGPF | Commander for Regional Division #2, Superintendent Khemraj Shivbaran said ranks are presently investigating a report of an incident involving Sergeant 17775 Rory Francis of Anna Regina Police Headquarters, and the mother of his children (now deceased) which occurred today (Friday 23rd of September, 2022). Read more »
- Bartica Karate Dojo Creates History Around the WorldThe Guyana Karate College Bartica hosted their dojo Grading which takes place every three months on the 17th of September, 2022. The grading which was done at 13:00 hours at the Bartica community center ground multipurpose facility saw 15 persons putting in their best efforts to elevate their ranks. Read more »
- Amber Andrews to Serve Ministry as Youth AmbassadorMinister of Amerindian Affairs Pauline Sukhai and Permanent Secretary Mr.Ryan Toolsiram today met with Ms. Amber Andrews and her father, Mr.Collin Andrews, at the Ministry of Amerindian Affairs. Read more »
- BREAKING…Putin Calls Up Military Reserves and Threatens Use of Nuclear WeaponsWe may very well be facing the end of life on earth as we know it as Putin calls up military reserves and threatens to use nuclear weapons against any country which meddles in the ongoing Ukraine/Russia war. This development comes as Russia faces heavy losses in Ukraine after Ukrainian… Read more »
Shop high quality, beautiful, and patriotic products of Guyana here. At present, we only have beautiful Guyana, South America merchandise such as tshirts, but we will be adding more products to our store soon. Check it out!
Most recent in Guyana, South America merchandise:
Check back later..
Guyana is one of the world’s best tourists destination. And now you’ll learn why. Learn about hotels, resorts, ranches, city tours, jungle tours, river tours, eco tours, country tours and more…all across Guyana. Tourism Guyana: Go there!
Most Recent in Tourism…
- Three Adventurous Guyanese Women Brave 80 Miles of Rough Terrain to BrazilFirst Published: 12th of May, 2022. Three adventurous Guyanese women took an impromptu weekend away from Paramakatoi to our southern neighbor, Brazil, using just one ATV. They share their story. Continue Reading → Read more »
- British High Commissioner, Jane Miller, Takes a Ride up the Mahaica RiverPublished: 21st of February, 2022 by Patrick Carpen The British High Commissioner to Guyana, Ms. Jane Miller, took a ride up the Mahaica River with Mahaica River Tours. And she Continue Reading → Read more »
Guyana has evolved over hundreds of years to what it is today. So we have lots of stories to tell. In addition, Guyana is a melting pot of cultures, traditions, races and religions. The first people to have come to Guyana are the Amerindians. They were here even before Christopher Columbus! Then came the Europeans in their quest for the city of Eldorado. The Europeans set up sugar plantations across Guyana and brought slaved from Africa to work on the plantations. After the abolition of slavery, indentured laborers were brought from India. You’ll have fun learning about the people, history and culture of Guyana.
Most Recent in People, History and Culture of Guyana…
- Queen Elizabeth II – a Glorious Part of Guyana’s HistoryHer Royal Highness, Queen Elizabeth II, was born Elizabeth Alexandra Mary on 21st of April, 1926 in Mayfair, London, England at 02:40 hours (GMT), while Guyana was still a British colony and was called British Guiana. She ascended the throne of the British Monarchy on the 6th of February, 1952… Read more »
- St. Ignatius Arts Student, Geveron Moses, Paints Outstanding Portrait of the Late QueenA student of St. Ignatius Secondary School in Region 9 has painted an outstanding portrait of the late Queen Elizabeth II of England. The painting is now a world famous one after it went viral after we posted it on the Guyana, South America Facebook Page. In just one hour,… Read more »
- Beating the Odds: Travis Marcellino Becomes a Military LeaderLife places some of us in challenges circumstances sometimes. But in these difficult times, we must remember the importance of holding our ground. The story of Travel Marcellino, the young GDF commander from Region 1, is one of principle, integrity, honesty, and most importantly, beating the odds. We hope the… Read more »
- Guyanese Born Sharon Maas is an International Best Selling AuthorSharon Maas is a Guyanese born international bestselling author who presently resides in Ireland. Many of her novels feature events and settings of Guyana, South America. Through her writing, she raises awareness of her homeland. Read more »
- Poetry: To My Dear Daughter – by Joshini GaneshThis beautiful poem was sent in by one of our fans, Joshini Ganesh, who says she has a passion for literature, especially poetry. Joshini wrote this poem for your daughter, and says that she is sure many mothers can relate to the sentiments expressed in it. Read more »
- Guyana is Geographically South America, but Culturally CaribbeanPeople sometimes get confused: is Guyana part of South America or the Caribbean? The answer is "both." Guyana is geographically part of South America, but it is culturally and historically part of the Caribbean. Read more »
- The True Meaning of Emancipation – by Dr. Telford LayneI've come across this really beautiful article from a Guyanese author and decided to republish it (with permission) because I think it's a great article with lots of merits and I think all Guyanese should take a good read and let the message it contains sink it - because it… Read more »
- What Would Have Happened if the APNU/AFC Had Succeeded in Rigging the 2020 Elections?First Published: 27th of June, 2022 [lastupdated} The APNU/AFC Coalition government led by Brigadier David... Read more »
- Walking Over Hot Coals – a Religious TraditionI was told walking over hot coals is part of the celebrations of St. John's Day in the Rupununi Savannahs as well as other hinterland regions of Guyana. Residents say the Roman Catholic tradition of walking over hot coals on the night of the 24th of June spilled over from… Read more »
Learn more about places across Guyana, including villages, towns, regions, counties, bridges, roads, rivers and much more. Take a tour of places across Guyana.
Most Recent in Places Across Guyana…
Guyana sports a rich diversity of flora and fauna. Under this heading, I explore the different plant and animal life found in Guyana.
Most recent in Flora and Fauna of Guyana, South America…
- The Giant Anteater – The World’s Largest AnteaterGuyana is known as the land of the giants, and the giant anteater, the world's largest anteater, is one of the six or seven reasons why. The giant anteater goes by the scientific name Myrmecophaga tridactyla. It is mammal which feeds on insects and has an average lifespan of 14… Read more »
- The Arapaima – the World’s Largest Freshwater FishFirst Published: 17th of May, 2022 by Patrick Carpen Guyana is known as the land of the giants, and the arapaima, the world’s largest freshwater fish, is one of the Continue Reading → Read more »
The six races of Guyana have blended an amazing pot. Guyana has been called a melting pot of civilizations, but it is also a melting pot of culinary heritages. The six ethnic groups of Guyana have all brought their traditional food and cooking recipes to these shores. But what’s more is that they have shared, adapted, innovated and transformed the culinary traditions of six peoples into something greater. Learn more about the unique evolution of Guyanese cooking.
Most recent in Guyanese food and cooking recipes…
The Guyana, South America business directory lists businesses across Guyana by category and in alphabetical order. From book stores to car dealers, your problem in finding what you need is solved right here. Browse the Guyana, South America business directory now!
Most recent in the Guyana, South America Business Directory…
- Fix It Electrical and General Construction – Georgetown, GuyanaFirst Published: 16th of December, 2021. Superior installations in construction, industrial, and maintenance. Providing quality, safe, and trusted electrical services in Georgetown, Guyana for over 23 years. Address of Business Continue Reading → Read more »
- Chris Toons & Graphic Design ServicesContact Info Phone Number: (592) 673-9774 (WhatsApp Available) Email: Christhoperleitch5@gmail.com Facebook Personal Account: https://www.facebook.com/christhoperleitch2 Facebook Business Page: https://www.facebook.com/24hourdesigns Do you need some stunning design/photo manipulation work done but don’t know Continue Reading → Read more »
No matter what your product or service is, your business needs to be known. Let experts craft your ad copy! Reach the audience you need to reach and watch your business skyrocket! Click here to take your business to the next level.
Explore Guyana, South America with these beautiful photos from every part of Guyana. Go to Photos of Guyana.
Most Recent in Photos…