Dear Visitor, Welcome to Guyana, South America!
If you haven’t already done so, we invite you to…
Like our Facebook Page
Subscribe to our Youtube Channel
Follow us on Instagram.
GSA News covers news and commentaries related to the country of Guyana, South America. To read news about Guyana, go here.
Most Recent in News…
- National Award For Selected Persons Who Fought For Guyana’s DemocracyFirst Published: 1st of March, 2021 President Ali Announces National Award for Selected Persons Who Fought for Guyana’s Democracy Post Elections 2020. The President has announced that he is rolling Continue Reading → Read more »
- Family of Vanessa Lewis Alleges Medical MalpracticeFirst Published: 28th of February, 2021. Region 6, Guyana, South America The family of Vanessa Lewis-Sahadeo, the young woman who died during childbirth at the New Amsterdam Public Hospital, is Continue Reading → Read more »
- Acai Berry, a Renowned Superfood, Goes to Waste in GuyanaFirst Published: 25th of February, 2021 We are living in a era of increased natural resource discovery in Guyana…from oil and gas to gold…we hope these resources will create a Continue Reading → Read more »
- Ministry of Education Aims to Train ALL Guyanese Teachers from the Comfort of their Own Homes20th of February, 2021. Georgetown, Guyana, South America. Untrained Teachers in the Classroom Will Soon Become a Thing of the Past. Minister of education – hon. priya manickchand The Ministry Continue Reading → Read more »
- Serious Accident in Georgetown; Police Seeks Help in Identifying Family of VictimFirst Published: 20th of February, 2021. Georgetown, Guyana, South America On Friday, 19th February 2021, at about 06:10 hours, on Vlissengen Road, Georgetown, in the vicinity of Guyana Water Incorporated, Continue Reading → Read more »
Explore Guyana, South America with these beautiful photos from every part of Guyana. Go to Photos of Guyana.
Most Recent in Photos…
- On the Way to the Marudi Mountains, Deep South RupununiThis stunning photo captures a moment in time as miners head to the Marudi gold mining mountains in Deep South Rupununi, Region 9, Guyana, South America. Photos: Amina Mc Donald. Continue Reading → Read more »
Guyana is one of the world’s best tourists destination. And now you’ll learn why. Learn about hotels, resorts, ranches, city tours, jungle tours, river tours, eco tours, country tours and more…all across Guyana. Tourism Guyana: Go there!
Most Recent in Tourism…
- My Trip to Rewa Village – North Rupununi Savannahs of Guyana, South AmericaFirst Published: 14th of January, 2020 Hi, I am Jessica Andries, and I live in Lethem, Central Rupununi, Region 9, Guyana, South America. I just wanted to take this opportunity Continue Reading → Read more »
- The Takutu Hotel Annual Miss Rupununi Rodeo PageantThe Rupununi Rodeo Performances in Lethem, Rupununi Savannahs, Guyana, South America is one of Guyana’s most celebrated annual events which magnetizes and fascinates tourists from all over the world. The Continue Reading → Read more »
- My Experience With the Pakaraima Mountains Safari 2019by Tashana Sasha Ramdeholl. Experiencing Guyana 🇬🇾 On Another Level Is One Of My Greatest Accomplishments. – Tashana Sasha Ramdeholl Experiencing my country, Guyana, South America, this way – with Continue Reading → Read more »
Guyana has evolved over hundreds of years to what it is today. So we have lots of stories to tell. In addition, Guyana is a melting pot of cultures, traditions, races and religions. The first people to have come to Guyana are the Amerindians. They were here even before Christopher Columbus! Then came the Europeans in their quest for the city of Eldorado. The Europeans set up sugar plantations across Guyana and brought slaved from Africa to work on the plantations. After the abolition of slavery, indentured laborers were brought from India. You’ll have fun learning about the people, history and culture of Guyana.
Most Recent in People, History and Culture of Guyana…
- Happy World Wildlife Day from the South Rupununi District CouncilFirst Published: 3rd of March, 2021. Today, 3rd of March, we join in celebrating World Wildlife Day 2021 under the theme “Forests and Livelihoods: Sustaining People and Planet” with the Continue Reading → Read more »
- The 1763 Berbice Slave Revolt – Detailed Version Translated from DutchFirst Published: 23rd of February, 2021 This detailed account of the 1763 Berbice Slave Uprising was translated from the Dutch Archives by Patrick Carpen. Read Also: The Cuffy Statue or Continue Reading → Read more »
- Guyanese Singer, Babyskello, is a Talented GuyaneseFirst Published: 28th of November, 2020 When BabySkello first started singing, everyone started laughing, but as the saying goes, “he who laughs last, laughs longest.” And by this adage, it Continue Reading → Read more »
- Ravi’s: The East Indian Owned Chinese Restaurant in an Indigenous CommunityThey say that Guyana is a melting pot of cultures and civilizations. Yes, Guyana is made of six races but one people. And we’ve come a far way in intermingling Continue Reading → Read more »
- Guyanese Singer, Poonam Singh is a Talented GuyaneseFirst Published: 24th of September, 2020. Guyana, South America Follow Poonam Singh on: Facebook Instagram YouTube Copied from the Facebook Page of Ms. Poonam Singh: My dad is lorry driver Continue Reading → Read more »
Learn more about places across Guyana, including villages, towns, regions, counties, bridges, roads, rivers and much more. Take a tour of places across Guyana.
Most Recent in Places Across Guyana…
- Guyana’s Border with the Brazilian City of NormandyFirst Published: 5th of October, 2020 by Patrick Carpen. Today, it is possible to cross over into the Brazilian town of Normandy from Karasaibai Village in the South Pakaraima/North Rupununi Continue Reading → Read more »
- My Life on the Pirara/Meritezeiro Ranch – by Denise D’AguiarFirst Published: 4th of October, 2020 My Life On The Pirara / Meritezeiro Ranch My husband, Harvey and I used to live on a ranch, in the North Rupununi Savannahs Continue Reading → Read more »
- Masakanari or “Gunns Village” in the South Rupununi Savannahs of GuyanaFirst Published: 11th of August, 2020 Hundreds of mile south of the town of Lethem, a small community of Indigenous People live peacefully and happily. In the heart of the Continue Reading → Read more »
- Criminal Activities and Violence in the Town of Lethem – Region 9 – Guyana – South AmericaI’ve recently published an article giving general, touristic and business information on the Town of Lethem. Because people are often concerned with their safety when traveling from place to place, Continue Reading → Read more »
- The Town of Lethem – Region 9 – Guyana – South AmericaThis page was first published on the 2nd of February 2020 by Patrick Carpen. The town of Lethem is located in the county of Essequibo, Region No. 9, in the Continue Reading → Read more »
The six races of Guyana have blended an amazing pot. Guyana has been called a melting pot of civilizations, but it is also a melting pot of culinary heritages. The six ethnic groups of Guyana have all brought their traditional food and cooking recipes to these shores. But what’s more is that they have shared, adapted, innovated and transformed the culinary traditions of six peoples into something greater. Learn more about the unique evolution of Guyanese cooking.
Most recent in Guyanese food and cooking recipes…
The Guyana, South America business directory lists businesses across Guyana by category and in alphabetical order. From book stores to car dealers, your problem in finding what you need is solved right here. Browse the Guyana, South America business directory now!
No matter what your product or service is, your business needs to be known. Let experts craft your ad copy! Reach the audience you need to reach and watch your business skyrocket! Click here to take your business to the next level.