Dear Visitor, Welcome to Guyana, South America!
If you haven’t already done so, we invite you to…
Like our Facebook Page
Subscribe to our Youtube Channel
Follow us on Instagram.
Follow us on Twitter
Join our Facebook Group
GSA News covers news and commentaries related to the country of Guyana, South America. To read news about Guyana, go here.
Most Recent in News…
- Editorial: Guyanese Need to Stop Glorifying Criminal ActsBy now, almost everyone might have heard the story that allegedly played out last evening at Marriot Hotel in Georgetown, Guyana, South America. For those of you who haven't, let me recap. A young man took a young lady out to dinner. He ordered, and they both ate, food and… Read more »
- Parents of Child killed by Police Vehicle Cry out for JusticeThe parents of a young girl who was allegedly hit down and killed on a pedestrian crossing by a police vehicle has taken to social media to cry out for justice for their lost child. On the 1st of November, 2022, the mother the victim made the following Facebook post. Read more »
- Bolsonaro Says He is Not Moving as Brazilians Brace for Possible Civil WarA defiant Jair Bolsonaro, who lost the 2022 general elections to Lula Da Silva, has said that he is not giving up power. He has claimed electoral fraud in all 26 Brazilian states and the Federal District. He has made statements such as that he is only moving if he… Read more »
- Windsor Forest Rice Farmers Express Gratitude for Government’s Swift InterventionRice farmers of Windsor Forest, Region Three, on Thursday, 3rd of November, 2022 commended the government for its timely response to an issue that has been affecting cultivation and harvesting. Two days after President, Dr Mohamed Irfaan Ali met with farmers in Region Three, Minister of Agriculture, Zulfikar Mustapha was… Read more »
- Gas-to-Energy Project Underway, Evaluation Completed by Two Companies – JagdeoMore benefits will be reaped from the booming oil and gas sector as the Gas-to-Energy Project is well underway at Wales, West Bank Demerara. This project is in keeping with the government’s commitment of ensuring that electricity costs are cut by 50 per cent in the near future. The administration’s… Read more »
- Guyanese Must be Mindful of False Claims about Discrimination, Racism – Sanjeev DatadinGuyanese must be mindful of the few who continue to peddle the false narrative of discrimination and racism in Guyana. Member of Parliament and Attorney at Law Sanjeev Datadin, made the call during his weekly programme, ‘The Thursday Agenda’. Read more »
- 66 Toshaos, Treasurers Complete Leadership TrainingSixty-six toshaos and treasurers from Regions Two, Three, Four, Five, Six and 10 on Thursday received certificates in leadership, following an extensive two-day training hosted by the Ministry of Amerindian Affairs. The leadership training was geared at providing village leaders with knowledge in specific areas to help them achieve their… Read more »
- Road Upgrades, Improved Drainage for Annandale – President AliThe community of Annandale, East Coast of Demerara, Region 4, Guyana, South America is set to benefit from major road and drainage upgrades. This was announced by His Excellency Dr Mohamed Irfaan Ali who led a community engagement in the area on Thursday, 3rd of November, 2022. Read more »
- Larger Profit Share for Guyana, More Competitiveness with New Profit Sharing Agreement – JagdeoCabinet has granted its approval for the auctioning of 14 oil blocks offshore Guyana, Vice President, Dr Bharrat Jagdeo announced on Thursday during a press conference at Office of the President. The auction was initially slated for the end of September, however, the vice president noted that extensive preparatory work… Read more »
- Annandale Roads and Drains to be Rehabilitated – AliHis Excellency Dr Irfaan Ali said that his Government will work on rehabilitating a number of cross streets and the drainage network in Annandale on the East Coast of Demerara, Region 4, Guyana, South America. During an impromptu visit to Annandale South and Annandale West this afternoon, the President interacted with… Read more »
Shop high quality, beautiful, and patriotic products of Guyana here. At present, we only have beautiful Guyana, South America merchandise such as tshirts, but we will be adding more products to our store soon. Check it out!
Most recent in Guyana, South America merchandise:
Check back later..
Guyana is one of the world’s best tourists destination. And now you’ll learn why. Learn about hotels, resorts, ranches, city tours, jungle tours, river tours, eco tours, country tours and more…all across Guyana. Tourism Guyana: Go there!
Most Recent in Tourism…
- Three Adventurous Guyanese Women Brave 80 Miles of Rough Terrain to BrazilFirst Published: 12th of May, 2022. Three adventurous Guyanese women took an impromptu weekend away from Paramakatoi to our southern neighbor, Brazil, using just one ATV. They share their story. Continue Reading → Read more »
- British High Commissioner, Jane Miller, Takes a Ride up the Mahaica RiverPublished: 21st of February, 2022 by Patrick Carpen The British High Commissioner to Guyana, Ms. Jane Miller, took a ride up the Mahaica River with Mahaica River Tours. And she Continue Reading → Read more »
Guyana has evolved over hundreds of years to what it is today. So we have lots of stories to tell. In addition, Guyana is a melting pot of cultures, traditions, races and religions. The first people to have come to Guyana are the Amerindians. They were here even before Christopher Columbus! Then came the Europeans in their quest for the city of Eldorado. The Europeans set up sugar plantations across Guyana and brought slaved from Africa to work on the plantations. After the abolition of slavery, indentured laborers were brought from India. You’ll have fun learning about the people, history and culture of Guyana.
Most Recent in People, History and Culture of Guyana…
- Tafari Layne Turns 19Earlier this year, we featured Mr. Telford Layne as our father of the year in our article, Mr. Telford Layne Congratulates his Son. Well, it seems that we might have to feature Mr. Telford Layne once again as father of the year after seeing a Facebook post he made about… Read more »
- Absense Makes the Heart Grow Fonder – by Reanna NickramWe've decided to reprint this beautiful article which was posted on the Facebook Page of the author, Reanna Nickram, because it does an awesome job of illustrating the beauty, diversity, and richness of this great land of ours. For locals, it just reinforces what we already know. Reanna Nickram is… Read more »
- 1932 Venezuelan Stamp Proves that the Essequibo Was Never Part of VenezuelaPublished: 12th of October, 2022 by Patrick Carpen As the Venezuelan people and government continue... Read more »
- Guyana Maps Form in Clouds Over GuyanaClouds floating in the skies form all sorts of bizarre shapes including animals and even maps. If you look carefully and use your imagination, you can see just about any shape in the clouds above. But such a clear-cut, precise, and indisputable shape of the map of the Guyana forming… Read more »
- Queen Elizabeth II – a Glorious Part of Guyana’s HistoryHer Royal Highness, Queen Elizabeth II, was born Elizabeth Alexandra Mary on 21st of April, 1926 in Mayfair, London, England at 02:40 hours (GMT), while Guyana was still a British colony and was called British Guiana. She ascended the throne of the British Monarchy on the 6th of February, 1952… Read more »
- St. Ignatius Arts Student, Geveron Moses, Paints Outstanding Portrait of the Late QueenA student of St. Ignatius Secondary School in Region 9 has painted an outstanding portrait of the late Queen Elizabeth II of England. The painting is now a world famous one after it went viral after we posted it on the Guyana, South America Facebook Page. In just one hour,… Read more »
- Beating the Odds: Travis Marcellino Becomes a Military LeaderLife places some of us in challenges circumstances sometimes. But in these difficult times, we must remember the importance of holding our ground. The story of Travel Marcellino, the young GDF commander from Region 1, is one of principle, integrity, honesty, and most importantly, beating the odds. We hope the… Read more »
- Guyanese Born Sharon Maas is an International Best Selling AuthorSharon Maas is a Guyanese born international bestselling author who presently resides in Ireland. Many of her novels feature events and settings of Guyana, South America. Through her writing, she raises awareness of her homeland. Read more »
- Poetry: To My Dear Daughter – by Joshini GaneshThis beautiful poem was sent in by one of our fans, Joshini Ganesh, who says she has a passion for literature, especially poetry. Joshini wrote this poem for your daughter, and says that she is sure many mothers can relate to the sentiments expressed in it. Read more »
Learn more about places across Guyana, including villages, towns, regions, counties, bridges, roads, rivers and much more. Take a tour of places across Guyana.
Most Recent in Places Across Guyana…
- Hampshire Village, Corentyne, Berbice – Region 6The village of Hampshire, on the Corentyne coast of Berbice, Guyana, South America is bordered by the village of Belvedere to the West, the village of Williamsburg to the east, the Atlantic Ocean to the north, and the sugar cane fields to the south. Continue Reading → Read more »
- A Trip to Kaikumbay Village in the Central Rupununi Savannahs of GuyanaOn the 21st of July, 2015, I went for a drive from Lethem to a North Rupununi village called Kaicumbay. Kaicumbay is reached by first driving about 100 km north of Lethem (towards Georgetown) and then making a 45-minute detour east - towards the Kanuku Mountain Range. Continue Reading → Read more »
Guyana sports a rich diversity of flora and fauna. Under this heading, I explore the different plant and animal life found in Guyana.
Most recent in Flora and Fauna of Guyana, South America…
- The Giant Anteater – The World’s Largest AnteaterGuyana is known as the land of the giants, and the giant anteater, the world's largest anteater, is one of the six or seven reasons why. The giant anteater goes by the scientific name Myrmecophaga tridactyla. It is mammal which feeds on insects and has an average lifespan of 14… Read more »
- The Arapaima – the World’s Largest Freshwater FishFirst Published: 17th of May, 2022 by Patrick Carpen Guyana is known as the land of the giants, and the arapaima, the world’s largest freshwater fish, is one of the Continue Reading → Read more »
The six races of Guyana have blended an amazing pot. Guyana has been called a melting pot of civilizations, but it is also a melting pot of culinary heritages. The six ethnic groups of Guyana have all brought their traditional food and cooking recipes to these shores. But what’s more is that they have shared, adapted, innovated and transformed the culinary traditions of six peoples into something greater. Learn more about the unique evolution of Guyanese cooking.
Most recent in Guyanese food and cooking recipes…
- Split Peas and Eggs Vegetable RiceThis easy to make vegetable rice recipe is both delicious and nutritious and can be made in as little as 30 minutes. The recipe presented here is to make one serving. You can increase the ingredients proportionately to make larger amounts. Continue Reading → Read more »
- Pancakes – Locally Called Dosay or Chota in Guyana, South AmericaEstimated Cooking Time: 5 minutes In Guyana, pancakes are locally referred to as “dosay” or “chota.” The origin of pancakes to Guyana is not clear at this time. Based on Continue Reading → Read more »
- Indigenous Style Pepperpot made with Fish, also called Tuma PotFirst Published: 6th of November, 2021 by Patrick Carpen. While people in the capital city (Georgetown, Guyana) and along the coasts refer to pepperpot as meat cooked in casareep, the Continue Reading → Read more »
- A Rich, Beef Cookup Recife by Guyanese Chef, David MooreCut and wash a 1/4 pound of chicken. Season the chicken with mixed season (semi liquid), salt, mustard, etc and mix well. Pour one tablespoon oil into a large pot. Continue Reading → Read more »
The Guyana, South America business directory lists businesses across Guyana by category and in alphabetical order. From book stores to car dealers, your problem in finding what you need is solved right here. Browse the Guyana, South America business directory now!
Most recent in the Guyana, South America Business Directory…
- Fix It Electrical and General Construction – Georgetown, GuyanaFirst Published: 16th of December, 2021. Superior installations in construction, industrial, and maintenance. Providing quality, safe, and trusted electrical services in Georgetown, Guyana for over 23 years. Address of Business Continue Reading → Read more »
- Chris Toons & Graphic Design ServicesContact Info Phone Number: (592) 673-9774 (WhatsApp Available) Email: Christhoperleitch5@gmail.com Facebook Personal Account: https://www.facebook.com/christhoperleitch2 Facebook Business Page: https://www.facebook.com/24hourdesigns Do you need some stunning design/photo manipulation work done but don’t know Continue Reading → Read more »
No matter what your product or service is, your business needs to be known. Let experts craft your ad copy! Reach the audience you need to reach and watch your business skyrocket! Click here to take your business to the next level.
Explore Guyana, South America with these beautiful photos from every part of Guyana. Go to Photos of Guyana.
Most Recent in Photos…
- On the Way to the Marudi Mountains, Deep South RupununiThis stunning photo captures a moment in time as miners head to the Marudi gold mining mountains in Deep South Rupununi, Region 9, Guyana, South America. Photos: Amina Mc Donald. Continue Reading → Read more »