Dear Visitor, Welcome to Guyana, South America!
If you haven’t already done so, we invite you to…
Like our Facebook Page
Subscribe to our Youtube Channel
Follow us on Instagram.
Join our Facebook Group.
GSA News covers news and commentaries related to the country of Guyana, South America. To read news about Guyana, go here.
Most Recent in News…
- Unidentified Human Body Fished out of Trench at Craig19th of October, 2021. Guyana, South America According to a statement released by the Guyana Police Force this evening, an unidentified human corpse was fished out of a trench east Continue Reading → Read more »
- Is an Expansion of Guyana’s Clay Brick Industry Still Viable?18th of October, 2021. Guyana, South America The question as to why Guyana stopped (predominantly) utilizing clay bricks in construction is hard to answer. But I have a feeling that Continue Reading → Read more »
- House Gutted by Fire in Moco Moco Village, Region 918th of October, 2021. Region 9, Guyana, South America A house was yesterday, 17th of October, 2021, gutted by fire in Moco Moco Village, Region 9, Guyana, South America. All Continue Reading → Read more »
- Car Was Overtaking When it Crashed into Tractor – Eyewitnesses16th of October, 2021. Wes Coast Demerara, Guyana, South America. [lastupated] An accident took place this morning at around 11:50 A.M at Crane, West Coast Demerara, Guyana, South America. The Continue Reading → Read more »
- Three New Health Posts, One School, Commissioned in Central Rupununi12th of October, 2021. Region 9, Guyana, South America. According to the current Toshao of Yupukari Village, Region 9, Mr. Shamir Khan, three new Health Posts and one school has Continue Reading → Read more »
- Better Boarding and Docking Facilities Needed at Charity Wharf – Region 212th October, 2021. Region 2, Guyana, South America. Guyana is a land of scenic beauty, natural wonders, and exotic tourist destinations. However, due to poor infrastructure and high costs of Continue Reading → Read more »
- Citizens Report Harassment, Extortion and Victimization by the Food and Drug Department10th of October, 2021. Guyana, South America A number of Guyanese citizens have reached out to this publication on condition of anonymity to recount a series of horror stories resulting Continue Reading → Read more »
Explore Guyana, South America with these beautiful photos from every part of Guyana. Go to Photos of Guyana.
Most Recent in Photos…
- On the Way to the Marudi Mountains, Deep South RupununiThis stunning photo captures a moment in time as miners head to the Marudi gold mining mountains in Deep South Rupununi, Region 9, Guyana, South America. Photos: Amina Mc Donald. Continue Reading → Read more »
Guyana is one of the world’s best tourists destination. And now you’ll learn why. Learn about hotels, resorts, ranches, city tours, jungle tours, river tours, eco tours, country tours and more…all across Guyana. Tourism Guyana: Go there!
Most Recent in Tourism…
- My Trip to Kaieteur Falls by American-born Channel StobyFirst Published: 18th of August, 2021 by Patrick Carpen. In this article, American-born Channel Stoby mesmerizes us with her fascinating story of her trip to the Kaieteur Falls in Region Continue Reading → Read more »
- Baracara Falls, Also Called White Water Falls, in Region 7First Published: 17th of August, 2021 Baracara Falls, also called Whitewater Falls, is located in the Mazaruni River in Region 7 of Guyana, South America. The small, unique, and refreshing Continue Reading → Read more »
- American born, Channel Stoby, tells us of her Mind-blowing Tour of Guyana with her Guyanese-born Husband and Their KidsFirst Published: 16th of August, 2021 by Patrick Carpen. One of the most beautiful stories I have read about Guyana from a foreigner’s eyes – someone who visited Guyana for Continue Reading → Read more »
- My Trip to Rewa Village – North Rupununi Savannahs of Guyana, South AmericaFirst Published: 14th of January, 2020 Hi, I am Jessica Andries, and I live in Lethem, Central Rupununi, Region 9, Guyana, South America. I just wanted to take this opportunity Continue Reading → Read more »
Guyana has evolved over hundreds of years to what it is today. So we have lots of stories to tell. In addition, Guyana is a melting pot of cultures, traditions, races and religions. The first people to have come to Guyana are the Amerindians. They were here even before Christopher Columbus! Then came the Europeans in their quest for the city of Eldorado. The Europeans set up sugar plantations across Guyana and brought slaved from Africa to work on the plantations. After the abolition of slavery, indentured laborers were brought from India. You’ll have fun learning about the people, history and culture of Guyana.
Most Recent in People, History and Culture of Guyana…
- Meet Mr. Manley Thomas, An Outstanding and Inspiring GuyaneseFirst Published: 14th of October, 2021 by Patrick Carpen. A former soldier and teacher, a politician and family man, Community Development Officer of the South Rupununi Savannahs, Region 9, Guyana, Continue Reading → Read more »
- Meet Aurelia Ibrahim – Guyana’s 13-Year-Old Published AuthorFirst Published: 11th of October, 2021 by Patrick Carpen. Aurelia has always been in love with words. At the age of four, she found her mother’s copy of “Julius Caesar” Continue Reading → Read more »
- Meet Rising Star, Singer and Performer, Galina Edmund of Paruima Village, Region 7First Published: 6th of October, 2021 by Patrick Carpen. Guyana’s got talent! And 18 year-old Galina Edmund, of Paruima Village, Region 7, Guyana, South America, is living proof of that! Continue Reading → Read more »
- Meet Sir Kenrick Lewis – Headmaster of St. Ignatius SecondaryFirst Published: 5th of October, 2021 by Patrick Carpen. For teacher’s day 2021 – October, 5th, we have the honor of featuring one of Guyana’s most outstanding veteran educators – Continue Reading → Read more »
- The Nine Indigenous Nations of Guyana, South AmericaIn earlier post-colonial days, such as in the 70s, 80s, and 90s, Guyanese were taught through the education system that there are “9 Amerindian Tribes” across Guyana. However, modern views, Continue Reading → Read more »
- Guyanese Couple Gets Married on Top of Mount RoraimaFinding your other half can be a magical sensation – it can make you feel on top of the world. Well, this story is not just about feelings – it’s Continue Reading → Read more »
- Meet Caleb Benjamin – the University Student who is a Professional Photographer on the SideFirst Published: 25th of August, 2021 by Patrick Carpen. Caleb Benjamin is presently pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree at the University of Guyana, but on the side, he has developed a Continue Reading → Read more »
- Meet Guyana’s Youngest Professional Painter – Kuwanau RobertsFirst Published: 22nd of August, 2021 by Patrick Carpen. Guyana is a powerhouse of talent, and in this article, we’re going to highlight one who is off to an early Continue Reading → Read more »
Learn more about places across Guyana, including villages, towns, regions, counties, bridges, roads, rivers and much more. Take a tour of places across Guyana.
Most Recent in Places Across Guyana…
- Paruima Village – Region 7 – A Piece of Heaven on EarthFirst Published: 3rd of September, 2021 by Patrick Carpen. Paruima Village, located along the right bank of the Kamarang River in Region 7 of Guyana, South America, is a small Continue Reading → Read more »
- Template – Villages, Towns and Settlements Across GuyanaFirst Published: 28th of March, 2021 Enterprise is a village located on the East Coast of Demerara in Region 6 of Guyana, South America. It is bordered by Ogle to Continue Reading → Read more »
- Guyana’s Border with the Brazilian City of NormandyFirst Published: 5th of October, 2020 by Patrick Carpen. Today, it is possible to cross over into the Brazilian town of Normandy from Karasaibai Village in the South Pakaraima/North Rupununi Continue Reading → Read more »
- My Life on the Pirara/Meritezeiro Ranch – by Denise D’AguiarFirst Published: 4th of October, 2020 My Life On The Pirara / Meritezeiro Ranch My husband, Harvey and I used to live on a ranch, in the North Rupununi Savannahs Continue Reading → Read more »
- Masakanari or “Gunns Village” in the South Rupununi Savannahs of GuyanaFirst Published: 11th of August, 2020 Hundreds of mile south of the town of Lethem, a small community of Indigenous People live peacefully and happily. In the heart of the Continue Reading → Read more »
The six races of Guyana have blended an amazing pot. Guyana has been called a melting pot of civilizations, but it is also a melting pot of culinary heritages. The six ethnic groups of Guyana have all brought their traditional food and cooking recipes to these shores. But what’s more is that they have shared, adapted, innovated and transformed the culinary traditions of six peoples into something greater. Learn more about the unique evolution of Guyanese cooking.
Most recent in Guyanese food and cooking recipes…
The Guyana, South America business directory lists businesses across Guyana by category and in alphabetical order. From book stores to car dealers, your problem in finding what you need is solved right here. Browse the Guyana, South America business directory now!
No matter what your product or service is, your business needs to be known. Let experts craft your ad copy! Reach the audience you need to reach and watch your business skyrocket! Click here to take your business to the next level.