Dear Visitor, Welcome to Guyana, South America!
If you haven’t already done so, we invite you to…
Like our Facebook Page
Subscribe to our Youtube Channel
Follow us on Instagram.
GSA News covers news and commentaries related to the country of Guyana, South America. To read news about Guyana, go here.
Most Recent in News…
- Editorial: Nicolas Maduro Has No Grip on the Essequibo15th of January, 2021. Georgetown, Guyana, South America. With Maduro’s growing ridiculous claims of the Essequibo county of Guyana, we can, by a far stretch of the imagination, begin to Continue Reading → Read more »
- British Woman Seeks Help in Tracing Family History13th of January, 2020. Georgetown, Guyana, South America A British citizen, Nicole Pedersen, who is of Guyanese ancestry, is trying to trace her family history. This is her story. My Continue Reading → Read more »
- Guyana Signs Bilateral Defense Agreement with the USA12th of January, 2021. Georgetown, Guyana, South America Guyana Defense Force Chief of Staff, Brigadier Godfrey Bess, and Commander of the U.S Southern Command, Admiral Craig S Faller, moments ago Continue Reading → Read more »
- Guyanese Born US First Responder Shares His Experience with the COVID-19 VaccineFirst Published: 9th of January, 2020. Mr. Zaif Hanif is a Guyanese born US first responder who migrated to the United States in his late teens. He contracted COVID-19 a Continue Reading → Read more »
- Two Years Later, Dr. O’Toole’s Shooter Enjoys ImpunityFirst Published: 2nd of January, 2021. Georgetown, Guyana, South America Two years after the brutal and senseless attack on the life of Dr. Brian O’ Toole, the prime suspect who Continue Reading → Read more »
- Prime Suspect in Murder of Woman and Child on the Run27th of December, 2020. Georgetown, Guyana, South America. As anger and outrage grow and cries for justice echo across the nation of Guyana, South America, the prime suspect in the Continue Reading → Read more »
- City Council Receives 1.8 Million for Painting of Dorothy Bailey Health Centre23rd December, 2020. Georgetown, Guyana, South America Today, Schlumberger Oilfield Services Guyana; Mr. Peter Cahill, Caribbean HSE Manager and Ms. Alicia Bess, Construction HR Representative made a generous donation of Continue Reading → Read more »
- 15 Trucks Stranded, Turned Back at Lethem/Bonfim Border23rd of December, 2020. Region 9, Guyana, South America. This publication has received information that 15 trucks loaded with merchandise, some with perishable goods, were stranded and made to turn Continue Reading → Read more »
Explore Guyana, South America with these beautiful photos from every part of Guyana. Go to Photos of Guyana.
Most Recent in Photos…
- Yupukari Village – Central Rupununi – Beautiful SceneryYupukari Village is located in the Central Rupununi Savannahs of Guyana, South America. It is home to the Caiman House Eco Lodge and Rupununi River Tours administered by Mr. Ashley Continue Reading → Read more »
Guyana is one of the world’s best tourists destination. And now you’ll learn why. Learn about hotels, resorts, ranches, city tours, jungle tours, river tours, eco tours, country tours and more…all across Guyana. Tourism Guyana: Go there!
Most Recent in Tourism…
- My Trip to Rewa Village – North Rupununi Savannahs of Guyana, South AmericaFirst Published: 14th of January, 2020 Hi, I am Jessica Andries, and I live in Lethem, Central Rupununi, Region 9, Guyana, South America. I just wanted to take this opportunity Continue Reading → Read more »
- The Takutu Hotel Annual Miss Rupununi Rodeo PageantThe Rupununi Rodeo Performances in Lethem, Rupununi Savannahs, Guyana, South America is one of Guyana’s most celebrated annual events which magnetizes and fascinates tourists from all over the world. The Continue Reading → Read more »
- My Experience With the Pakaraima Mountains Safari 2019by Tashana Sasha Ramdeholl. Experiencing Guyana 🇬🇾 On Another Level Is One Of My Greatest Accomplishments. – Tashana Sasha Ramdeholl Experiencing my country, Guyana, South America, this way – with Continue Reading → Read more »
Guyana has evolved over hundreds of years to what it is today. So we have lots of stories to tell. In addition, Guyana is a melting pot of cultures, traditions, races and religions. The first people to have come to Guyana are the Amerindians. They were here even before Christopher Columbus! Then came the Europeans in their quest for the city of Eldorado. The Europeans set up sugar plantations across Guyana and brought slaved from Africa to work on the plantations. After the abolition of slavery, indentured laborers were brought from India. You’ll have fun learning about the people, history and culture of Guyana.
Most Recent in People, History and Culture of Guyana…
- Guyanese Singer, Babyskello, is a Talented GuyaneseFirst Published: 28th of November, 2020 When BabySkello first started singing, everyone started laughing, but as the saying goes, “he who laughs last, laughs longest.” And by this adage, it Continue Reading → Read more »
- Ravi’s: The East Indian Owned Chinese Restaurant in an Indigenous CommunityThey say that Guyana is a melting pot of cultures and civilizations. Yes, Guyana is made of six races but one people. And we’ve come a far way in intermingling Continue Reading → Read more »
- Guyanese Singer, Poonam Singh is a Talented GuyaneseFirst Published: 24th of September, 2020. Guyana, South America Follow Poonam Singh on: Facebook Instagram YouTube Copied from the Facebook Page of Ms. Poonam Singh: My dad is lorry driver Continue Reading → Read more »
- Guyanese Born, Denise D’Aguiar, Shares Her Experience as an English Teacher in Brazil7th of September, 2020. Region 9, Guyana, South America Born in Queenstown on the Essequibo Coast of Guyana, Denise completed her secondary education at the North Georgetown Secondary School. She Continue Reading → Read more »
- Amerindian Heritage Month Message from the South Rupununi District CouncilFirst Published: 1st of September, 2020 Happy Indigenous Heritage Month to all our indigenous brothers and sisters across Guyana from the Wapichan people in the Rupununi Savannahs. 🌱🌻🌺 Wapichan Kaduzu Continue Reading → Read more »
- The Reign of Forbes Burnham was Frightening and DemoralizingFirst Published: 30th of August, 2020. I decided to make a copy of this article for our archives because it gives details and insights of life under the rule of Continue Reading → Read more »
- Linden Forbes Burnham – A Square Peg in a Round HoleHave you ever looked at something and wondered how it got there? Former Guyanese President Linden Forbes Burnham is a good example of such. It makes you wonder “who elected Continue Reading → Read more »
Learn more about places across Guyana, including villages, towns, regions, counties, bridges, roads, rivers and much more. Take a tour of places across Guyana.
Most Recent in Places Across Guyana…
- Guyana’s Border with the Brazilian City of NormandyFirst Published: 5th of October, 2020 by Patrick Carpen. Today, it is possible to cross over into the Brazilian town of Normandy from Karasaibai Village in the South Pakaraima/North Rupununi Continue Reading → Read more »
- My Life on the Pirara/Meritezeiro Ranch – by Denise D’AguiarFirst Published: 4th of October, 2020 My Life On The Pirara / Meritezeiro Ranch My husband, Harvey and I used to live on a ranch, in the North Rupununi Savannahs Continue Reading → Read more »
- Masakanari or “Gunns Village” in the South Rupununi Savannahs of GuyanaFirst Published: 11th of August, 2020 Hundreds of mile south of the town of Lethem, a small community of Indigenous People live peacefully and happily. In the heart of the Continue Reading → Read more »
- Criminal Activities and Violence in the Town of Lethem – Region 9 – Guyana – South AmericaI’ve recently published an article giving general, touristic and business information on the Town of Lethem. Because people are often concerned with their safety when traveling from place to place, Continue Reading → Read more »
- The Town of Lethem – Region 9 – Guyana – South AmericaThis page was first published on the 2nd of February 2020 by Patrick Carpen. The town of Lethem is located in the county of Essequibo, Region No. 9, in the Continue Reading → Read more »
The six races of Guyana have blended an amazing pot. Guyana has been called a melting pot of civilizations, but it is also a melting pot of culinary heritages. The six ethnic groups of Guyana have all brought their traditional food and cooking recipes to these shores. But what’s more is that they have shared, adapted, innovated and transformed the culinary traditions of six peoples into something greater. Learn more about the unique evolution of Guyanese cooking.
Most recent in Guyanese food and cooking recipes…
- Majesta Curry Cookup – An Innovative Recipe by Indigenous GuyanaFirst Published: 19th of November, 2020 I was amazed to see this video which combines culinary heritage from our African and East Indian peoples and produced by an indigenous group. Continue Reading → Read more »
The Guyana, South America business directory lists businesses across Guyana by category and in alphabetical order. From book stores to car dealers, your problem in finding what you need is solved right here. Browse the Guyana, South America business directory now!
No matter what your product or service is, your business needs to be known. Let experts craft your ad copy! Reach the audience you need to reach and watch your business skyrocket! Click here to take your business to the next level.