Dear Visitor, Welcome to Guyana, South America!
If you haven’t already done so, we invite you to…
Like our Facebook Page
Subscribe to our Youtube Channel
Follow us on Instagram.
GSA News covers news and commentaries related to the country of Guyana, South America. To read news about Guyana, go here.
Most Recent in News…
- Humanitarian Mission Guyana Rolls Out 93 New GraduatesFirst Published: 30th of April, 2021. Region 6, Guyana, South America. The Humanitarian Mission Guyana, based in Port Mourant, Corentyne, Berbice, Guyana, South America, has this week ambitiously set 93 Continue Reading → Read more »
- Young Entrepreneur Opens First Churros House in Georgetown, Guyana26th of April, 2021. Georgetown, Guyana, South America. Now Guyanese will have a chance to sample exotic flavor. A young Guyanese woman has followed her passions to bring you Guyana’s Continue Reading → Read more »
- Blue Print Real Estate on a Mission to Revolutionize Guyana’s Real Estate SectorFirst Published: 25th of April, 2021 100 Persons for Employment Countrywide GEORGETOWN, GUYANA, APRIL 22, 2021: Blue Print Real Estate (BPRE) is pleased to announce the launch of its office Continue Reading → Read more »
- Small Miners and Shop Owners of Marudi Claim Victimization and Oppression by GGMCFirst Published: 17th of April, 2021 A number of small miners and shop owners of Marudi Mountain in Region 9, Guyana, South America, in speaking with this publication, have expressed Continue Reading → Read more »
- Man Who Collapsed and Died at NIS Had Taken Covid-19 Vaccine Day BeforeFirst Published: 15th of April, 2021 This publication has been reliably informed that the man who collapsed and died on the 14th of April, 2021 while waiting in line at Continue Reading → Read more »
- Woman Returns Home to Find Bridge Uprooted, Access Road DamagedFirst Published: 10th of April, 2021. A prominent Guyanese citizen who partially resides along the East Bank of Demerara in Region 4 of Guyana, South America was yesterday greeted with Continue Reading → Read more »
- Venezuela Moves Troops, War Tanks, and Rocket Launchers to Guyana’s BorderReports coming from inside of Venezuela state that Nicolas Maduro has this morning moved troops, war tanks, and rocket launches to Guyana’s border with Venezuela towards the West of Guyana. Continue Reading → Read more »
- Roger Khan Threatens “Rage” if Ricardo’s Killers are Not Brought to JusticeFirst Published: 29th of March, 2021 Shaheed “Roger” Khan, has today, 29th of March, 2021, delivered a solemn yet compelling speech at the funeral service of the recently slain Ricardo Continue Reading → Read more »
- Young Woman Reportedly Killed in East Bank Accident14th of March, 2021. Region 4, Guyana, South America An unidentified young woman, who appears to be in her early twenties, has reportedly been killed in an accident along the Continue Reading → Read more »
Explore Guyana, South America with these beautiful photos from every part of Guyana. Go to Photos of Guyana.
Most Recent in Photos…
- On the Way to the Marudi Mountains, Deep South RupununiThis stunning photo captures a moment in time as miners head to the Marudi gold mining mountains in Deep South Rupununi, Region 9, Guyana, South America. Photos: Amina Mc Donald. Continue Reading → Read more »
Guyana is one of the world’s best tourists destination. And now you’ll learn why. Learn about hotels, resorts, ranches, city tours, jungle tours, river tours, eco tours, country tours and more…all across Guyana. Tourism Guyana: Go there!
Most Recent in Tourism…
- My Trip to Rewa Village – North Rupununi Savannahs of Guyana, South AmericaFirst Published: 14th of January, 2020 Hi, I am Jessica Andries, and I live in Lethem, Central Rupununi, Region 9, Guyana, South America. I just wanted to take this opportunity Continue Reading → Read more »
- The Takutu Hotel Annual Miss Rupununi Rodeo PageantThe Rupununi Rodeo Performances in Lethem, Rupununi Savannahs, Guyana, South America is one of Guyana’s most celebrated annual events which magnetizes and fascinates tourists from all over the world. The Continue Reading → Read more »
- My Experience With the Pakaraima Mountains Safari 2019by Tashana Sasha Ramdeholl. Experiencing Guyana 🇬🇾 On Another Level Is One Of My Greatest Accomplishments. – Tashana Sasha Ramdeholl Experiencing my country, Guyana, South America, this way – with Continue Reading → Read more »
Guyana has evolved over hundreds of years to what it is today. So we have lots of stories to tell. In addition, Guyana is a melting pot of cultures, traditions, races and religions. The first people to have come to Guyana are the Amerindians. They were here even before Christopher Columbus! Then came the Europeans in their quest for the city of Eldorado. The Europeans set up sugar plantations across Guyana and brought slaved from Africa to work on the plantations. After the abolition of slavery, indentured laborers were brought from India. You’ll have fun learning about the people, history and culture of Guyana.
Most Recent in People, History and Culture of Guyana…
- A Non-Conventional Arrival Day Message – by Dr. Josh KanhaiFirst Published: 6th of May, 2021 The conventional Arrival Day message seeks to glorify the East Indians’ arrival in Guyana and to celebrate the achievements and contributions of the East Continue Reading → Read more »
- My Arrival Day Sentiments are Bitter/Sweet – by Romona ChanderballiFirst Published: 6th of May, 2021 As mentioned in our previous article, Indian Arrival Day, the attitude of the descendants of colonized East Indians of British Guiana towards their colonial Continue Reading → Read more »
- The Maniac and the Lady Cockroach – Guyanese LiteatureFirst Published: 4th of May, 2021 The following poem was sent in to us by Guyanese author, Pushpa Jagnandan. Through poetic language, she explores the struggles and fate of women Continue Reading → Read more »
- Guyanese Woman Publishes Inspiring Children’s BookFirst Published: 3rd of May, 2021 A young Guyanese woman living in the Bronx has published her first children’s book, which, aside from being beautifully illustrated and entertaining, incorporates a Continue Reading → Read more »
- How Locals of the Rupununi Shell and Roast Cashew NutsFirst Published: 17th of December, 2017. Region 9, Guyana, South America. Cashew nuts are a rich and nutrition food product derived from the cashew trees. Through a labor-intensive process, the Continue Reading → Read more »
- EU Report Documented APNU/AFC’s Attempt to Rig Guyana’s 2020 National ElectionsFirst Published: 21st of March, 2021 The incumbent APNU/AFC’s government’s attempt to rig the March, 2, 2020 elections in Guyana, South America could have been brushed aside as a mere Continue Reading → Read more »
- Happy World Wildlife Day from the South Rupununi District CouncilFirst Published: 3rd of March, 2021. Today, 3rd of March, we join in celebrating World Wildlife Day 2021 under the theme “Forests and Livelihoods: Sustaining People and Planet” with the Continue Reading → Read more »
Learn more about places across Guyana, including villages, towns, regions, counties, bridges, roads, rivers and much more. Take a tour of places across Guyana.
Most Recent in Places Across Guyana…
- Template – Villages, Towns and Settlements Across GuyanaFirst Published: 28th of March, 2021 Enterprise is a village located on the East Coast of Demerara in Region 6 of Guyana, South America. It is bordered by Ogle to Continue Reading → Read more »
- Guyana’s Border with the Brazilian City of NormandyFirst Published: 5th of October, 2020 by Patrick Carpen. Today, it is possible to cross over into the Brazilian town of Normandy from Karasaibai Village in the South Pakaraima/North Rupununi Continue Reading → Read more »
- My Life on the Pirara/Meritezeiro Ranch – by Denise D’AguiarFirst Published: 4th of October, 2020 My Life On The Pirara / Meritezeiro Ranch My husband, Harvey and I used to live on a ranch, in the North Rupununi Savannahs Continue Reading → Read more »
- Masakanari or “Gunns Village” in the South Rupununi Savannahs of GuyanaFirst Published: 11th of August, 2020 Hundreds of mile south of the town of Lethem, a small community of Indigenous People live peacefully and happily. In the heart of the Continue Reading → Read more »
- Criminal Activities and Violence in the Town of Lethem – Region 9 – Guyana – South AmericaI’ve recently published an article giving general, touristic and business information on the Town of Lethem. Because people are often concerned with their safety when traveling from place to place, Continue Reading → Read more »
The six races of Guyana have blended an amazing pot. Guyana has been called a melting pot of civilizations, but it is also a melting pot of culinary heritages. The six ethnic groups of Guyana have all brought their traditional food and cooking recipes to these shores. But what’s more is that they have shared, adapted, innovated and transformed the culinary traditions of six peoples into something greater. Learn more about the unique evolution of Guyanese cooking.
Most recent in Guyanese food and cooking recipes…
The Guyana, South America business directory lists businesses across Guyana by category and in alphabetical order. From book stores to car dealers, your problem in finding what you need is solved right here. Browse the Guyana, South America business directory now!
No matter what your product or service is, your business needs to be known. Let experts craft your ad copy! Reach the audience you need to reach and watch your business skyrocket! Click here to take your business to the next level.