Tails of Hope is an animal shelter and animal rights group operating in Guyana. Tails of Hope is committed to promoting animal health care awareness, offering professional advice, educational tools, rescue aids, and housing to protect animals and to prevent animal cruelty. As we all know, fireworks are not especially friendly to dogs and other animals. In the interest of animals everywhere, the organization has issued a friendly message to all Guyanese of the hazards of fireworks, including its damaging effects on animals.
The organization has the following message for all Guyanese.
The festive seasons are upon us again and many persons are tempted to use to fireworks as a form of celebration. However, they are both illegal and dangerous.
Below are a few disadvantages of using fireworks.
– Illegal use of fireworks can be dangerous to you and to others, and is a public nuisance.
– Fireworks can burn down houses, cause fires, frighten children and adults, and terrify pets and wildlife.
– Noise from fireworks can cause distress, especially as fireworks can sound like gunfire. The noise can also cause tinnitus and deafness, or aggravate a nervous condition.
– People who suffer from asthma can experience discomfort, and epileptics can experience seizures following fireworks’ displays.
– Money spent on purchasing fireworks can be more meaningfully used to purchase a household item, feed the a homeless or strays, or be saved for some other use.