Under “Tourism Guyana,” we plan to write extensively on the Rupununi Savannahs of Guyana, South America. This is just an introductory articles which explains some things you should know about the Rupununi Savannahs.
Some things you should know about the Rupununi Savannahs:
1. It occupies an area of about 5000 square miles.
2. It stretches from the Rupununi River to the border with Venezuela and Brazil.
3. It is located in the Upper Takutu – Upper Essequibo Region (Region 9) of Guyana.
4. The word Rupununi comes from the Makushi word “rapon” which is actually the name of a duck seen along the banks of the Rupununi River.
5. The Rupununi Savannahs is an ecotourist’s paradise.
When in the Rupununi Savannahs, be sure to inquire about: Rupununi River Tours, Kumu Falls, Moco Moco Falls, Dadanawah Ranch, Surama Village and Karanambo Lodge.