This article has been migrated to: Sky Valley Waterfall and Adventure Tours in Moco Moco Village, Region 9 on the Guyana, South America Official Website.
First Published: 20th of December, 2014 by Patrick CarpenLast updated: December 21, 2022 at 2:09 am
Also Called: Sky Valley Adventure Tour.
Simple, Natural, Affordable, and Secure
Moco Moco Village is an indigenous community located approximately 24 kilometers (14 miles) southeast of Lethem at the foothills of the Kanuku Mountain range in the Rupununi Savannahs of Guyana, South America. Moco Moco provides excellent relaxation and tranquility for visitors.
If you’re in Lethem, or close by, you may strongly consider taking a Sky Valley Waterfalls and Adventure Tour. You’ll be taken the famous Moco Moco Waterfalls, but your fun and adventures don’t stop there.
Your activities include:
- Savanna, Moco Moco Village, and Moco Moco Waterfalls Discovery.
- Hydro station, Stairway, and Black Rock Views
- Swimming Lagoon Bath and Local Food
- Hydro Dam Trek Extension
Cost: From $50.00 US per person.
- Lunch and Non-Alcoholic Beverages
Black Rock Adventure Tour Package
- Hire from Lethem
- Moco Moco Village entrance fee, Guides
- Local dishes, lunch, fresh fruits
- Non-alcoholic beverages.
Program of activities:
- Departure from Lethem: 7:00 – 7:30 AM
- Savanna Watching: Enjoy passing through Moco Moco Village and reaching Kanuku Mountian Foothills
- Hydrostation tour and up the stairway (more than 800 steps)
- Climb to the Black Rock and view the central Rupununi Savannas and Kanuku Valleys
- Moco Moco Falls Discovery
- Swimming, Lagoon Bath
- Local dishes including fruits and non-alcoholic beverages.
Only $60 US per person
Friendly Group Prices:
$50 US per person from 5 to 10 visitors
$45 US per person from 11 to 15 visitors
Extend your package with 3 hours’s treck to the hydro Dam for a full Day’s Adventure.
Price: Only $75 US per person
This includes everything above plus:
- The Trek
- Extra Snacks
- Non-Alcoholic Beverages
Friendly Group Prices:
$65 US per person from 5 to 10 visitors
$60 US per person from 11 to 15 visitors.
For 1 to 2 visitors: Motorbike – Return trip included plus helmets supplied
For 3 to 4 visitors: Taxi – Return trip included.
For 5 to 15 visitors: Minibus – Return trip included.
Things you should have:
- Long pants and long sleeved shirt or replleant
- Walking shoes
- Rain coat (during raining season)
- Alton Primus: Call or WhatsApp: (592) 675 1921
- Telcliff Primus: Call or WhatsApp: (592) 692-5526
Management is happy to satisfy any request possible.
Read More: Tourism Guyana
Alton, please can you let me have your email address, so that I can write to you.
Hope all ok. Regards,
Hey john..i will soon send it.
We are those tourists. A fantastic trip, great scenes and such a lovely family stay.
I’m in the Sates but would love to return to the country of my birth, Guyana, to do exactly what you’re doing, chronicling the entire country North to South, East to West, capturing the color and flavor of the physical features and the people. Keep it up. Maybe one day we’ll meet. God Bless you for recording His creation for all to see and glorify Him.