Steph Dyson, a former assistant Head of English at a UK Secondary School, started her travels across South America since 2014. Her writing has been featured in the international press, and she has written four guidebooks to date. Steph has supported educational projects and worked as a volunteer in several South American countries, and she now speaks Spanish fluently.
In 2020, Steph did a tour a Guyana, and in her article, “12 Reasons Why Wildlife-Packed Guyana Should Be Your Next Travel Destination,” she heaps high praises on Guyana’s ecotourism activities and underscores the country’s untapped tourism potential.
Some of the highlights of Steph’s article include:
- The fact that Guyana is relatively unknown and receives a relatively small amount of visitors means that the country’s tourism potential is largely untapped.
- The 270 million hectares of tropical rainforest called the Guiana Shield along with the Amazon which together carpet 87% of the country in impenetrable green.
- Guyana’s extraordinary wildlife and biodiversity.
- The Kaieteur Falls which she says is still a “secret.”
- Indigenous-led conservation efforts. And much more…
Read the Story for Yourself: 12 Reasons Why Wildlife-Packed Guyana Should Be Your Next Travel Destination by Steph Dyson.